Monday, July 10, 2006

 

Self employed and setting up a website

MAW Education began in 1994 when I started to inspect schools. I had previously been a teacher and then headteacher, employed by others. As an OFSTED Inspector I had to become self-employed, and as such have a business. This was new to me, so the obvious name to give the business was my own initials, which I thought might also be useful for advertising purposes such as MAW Education - 'Is what you are looking for MAW (more) Education?' - or some such phrase!

During the ten years I was inspecting schools I had no need, and no time, to develop the business, but I did set up the first website www.maweducation.co.uk with advice from my bank and after attending a Bootcamp, run by the IMC, to learn how to set one up and develop it. They - the Internet Marketing Centre, based in Canada and the USA - have given me invaluable help and support ever since.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?